May 18th, 2020
We’re now open!! Recent guidance from the California Department of Public Health now allows us to provide all dental services to our patients. If your dental appointment was canceled due to the unexpected closure, expect to hear from us soon.
We are also implementing new protocols to ensure the safety and health of our patients and team.
You may see some new processes when it is time for your next appointment. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· You will be asked screening questions both before your appointment and when you arrive in the office.
. Your temperature will be taken upon entering the office.
· You will be asked to wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitizer we will have available as soon as you enter the office.
. You will be asked to use a pre-rinse before some dental procedures.
· You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items that are difficult to clean.
· You may be offered fewer scheduling options for your appointment in order to allow for physical distancing between patients.
· You will be asked to bring a face mask to wear when you enter the office.
. You will notice that all of the treatment rooms will have medical grade HEPA filtration units.
. You will notice additional protective equipment we will be employing (N95 masks, face shields, gowns).
. Lastly, we will be temporarily implementing a PPE Surcharge Fee of $15 per appointment for all of the enhanced measures. This may or may not be covered by your insurance coverage. We hope you understand the need for us to do so.
We look forward to seeing your smiling faces back in the office soon.
Chet Desai DDS & Staff
COVID-19 Patient Screening Form