Improving Your Smile with Invisalign® in Anaheim
At the office of Chet Desai, DDS, we want you to be able to take pride in your one-of-a-kind smile. We believe that it is never too late to craft the beautiful, straightened smile you’ve always dreamed of!
Dr. Desai offers Invisalign as a teeth-straightening option for adults at his Anaheim dental practice. He is an experienced dentist who can confidently guide you through the treatment process and leave you feeling more satisfied with your smile! Call our office today to make an appointment and learn whether Invisalign may be the perfect treatment for you.
CALL US: (714) 774-8640 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
4 Reasons to Straighten Your Teeth
There are many reasons why you may want to consider straightening your teeth. Some people choose treatment primarily for the cosmetic appeal, while others might focus on the health benefits. Common reasons for teeth straightening procedures include:
- Straight teeth are easier to clean, as they are more accessible when brushing or flossing. With the ability to clean your teeth effectively, you reduce your risk of developing gum disease and cavities.
- Straight teeth are less likely to wear each other down over time. This procedure potentially saves you from undergoing costly dental restorations in the future.
- Crooked teeth can cause grinding and impact your jaw alignment, which increases your risk of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMD).
- Aligning your teeth will improve the aesthetic of your smile.
Our friendly team is happy to discuss your reasons for considering Invisalign and answer any questions you have.
What is Invisalign and How Does It Work?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment option and a popular alternative to traditional fixed braces. With traditional braces, a stainless steel wire is fixed through a series of brackets attached to the teeth. Over time, the tension moves teeth into alignment.
Invisalign provides a subtler method to shift your teeth. Dr. Desai will take a digital scan of the inside of your mouth using an iTero scanner, creating an accurate 3D image of your teeth. A series of clear plastic aligners are then custom-made for you based on the 3D model. These aligners are less intrusive than braces, and may not even be visible to others. You will also be able to continue enjoying your favorite foods and beverages by merely removing your aligners before eating.
You will need to wear the aligners for at least 22 hours a day during your treatment. Every two weeks, you’ll switch to a new aligner. The progression of aligners will use pinpointed pressure to gradually shift your teeth into optimal alignment. Invisalign is an investment in yourself, and the final results are worth the wait!
Who is Invisalign For?
Dr. Desai provides this service to adults who are looking to improve the quality of their smile, or whose teeth have shifted over the years despite previous treatment. There are several important factors to keep in mind when considering this treatment, including:
- How crooked your teeth are, or how severe your bite issue is. Extremely crooked teeth and severe bite misalignment may need more advanced treatment.
- Your overall oral health. If you have active gum disease or teeth that need repairs, we will address these issues before planning your Invisalign treatment.
- Your commitment to the process. You must wear your aligners for a set length of time each day, usually 22 hours or longer. Failure to do so may jeopardize the treatment progression.
Is Invisalign Painful?
You may feel minimal discomfort when transitioning into the next tray in the series. Invisalign gently moves your teeth gradually into proper alignment. Similar to braces, and sensitivity will subside within a couple of days. If the discomfort doesn’t change, please reach out to us.
Caring for Your Aligners
Caring for your Invisalign aligners is very easy. One of the most important steps is rinsing your aligners in warm water every time you take them out. Gently brush the aligners to ensure that they are thoroughly cleaned before storing them or putting them back into your mouth. Doing so will wash away any organic debris or plaque that has collected on the aligners.
Make sure to store your aligners in a secure location when you are not wearing them. If you do lose an aligner set, continue to wear your last set until we can fabricate new ones for you. This will keep your teeth from shifting back and protect your progress.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Dr. Desai looks forward to meeting with you in person to discuss the potential for straightening your teeth using Invisalign. We will work with you to customize a treatment plan that will help you enjoy a healthy, appealing smile. We are excited to help patients in Anaheim and the surrounding communities maintain their best dental health.
CALL US: (714) 774-8640 REQUEST APPOINTMENT